Ask someone when the best time of year to list a home would be, and the holiday season is usually not on the top of the list. Think again! The fact that it is the holiday season means that many people have more time to come and visit and fall in love with towns like Castlemaine, Harcourt, Newstead and Maldon. The holiday period can mean that folk have time to check out homes that are open for inspection.
There are many positive tips for showing your home over the holidays.
Typical home preparation.
- Clean every corner of your home.
- Repair the little things and a few big things.
- Remove clutter of personal items, extra clothing, large furniture, toys, and pet items.
- Maintain lawn, clean gutters, trim shrubs, and trees.
- Power wash, paint or stain fences, home exterior, decks and shutters.
Holiday Decor is a plus
- Deck the halls with holly and show off seasonal flowers
- Try a minimalist approach when decorating.
- Miniature lights outside are inviting and can add ambiance to a home.
Holiday Open Houses are Inviting and Festive
- Turn the air conditioner on and keep the place cool.
- Baking before an open house makes the home smell homey.
- Making coffee and having it out for potential buyers can make them feel at home.
Clean and Inviting tips
- Go through your home daily and remove anything you wouldn’t want potential buyers to see
- Refresh any air fresheners in bath and kitchen areas
- Remove trash right away to reduce odours.