We’re constantly on-the-go, so for many of us a home office is our hub at the end of the day. To make your workspace one that motivates and keeps you productive, follow these five tips:
- Pump up the accent colours! Bright colours are mood boosters; they inspire creativity and positive thinking. Incorporate a fun colour or two by way of comfortable chairs or an accent wall with complementing artwork, and you will feel instantly more comfortable.
- Keep it clean. Nothing interrupts a peaceful space more than clutter, so spend one day pushing through it all and pitching anything you haven’t used in a while. Eliminate multiple copies of documents or books, and set a reminder to do a quick refresher once a month.
- Comfort is the key. Invest in a desk chair that will help your posture. Use softer lighting to ease the strain on your eyes. Place an aroma therapeutic air oil diffuser with a citrus scent near your desk – one whiff will wake you up when you start to fade.
- Get personal. Frame a few photos that have meaning for you – family, favorite destinations, hobbies – they’ll make you feel at home and keep you focused on personal goals!
- Make it interactive! Install a white board or cork board to serve as a living thought-starter. Write down half-baked ideas or tack up an inspirational quote that you can build upon along the way. Some ideas make more sense when brought to life with visuals, others are simply more fun that way.
You can find more tips at FMMagazine.com.